For the most accuracy, read for your Sun and Rising Sign (Ascendant). You might find that one or the other resonates more with you over time, or that this changes from week to week. No worries - that's to be expected.
Read on, and *~many blessings~*!
Interested in scheduling a private session with Jen? Click here!
ARIES Sun & Ascendant
For you, Mercury and Saturn are doing their work in your 9th House of Travel, Philosophy, & Higher Education. As these planets meet up for the first of three times between now and January, expect tests of faith, changes in travel plans, or even travel opportunities that bring you back to places you’ve been for another round of experiences for growth. You might feel impelled to take your education to the next level, study religion/spirituality, philosophy, or politics more in-depth. This is also supportive of a new era of traveling for work on home soil or abroad.
What defines your faith, and just how strong is it? Why do you believe the things that you believe? Are you willing to work toward letting go of dogma if facts arise that contradict a current paradigm?
With Mercury retrograde upon us, know that what you set in motion will be up for revision and reorientation between now and early 2018.
VENUS forms an inconjunct to URANUS Rx on the 27th, bringing hidden desires or deep-seated issues out into the open. If the ground shakes in relationships, know that it’s all for the purpose of stirring that which lies below from its hiding place so you can analyze it in the light of day. Personal values, especially as it pertains to intimacy, family history, or financial entanglements, might be up for a liberating overhaul.
On the 30th, MARS bumps up against CHIRON Rx in another inconjunct, creating even more possible friction in relationship matters where healing is needed most. Secrets might come to light; involvements with corporations, institutions, or other “hidden” places bring friction (or passion kept on the downlow) into your now; a partner might act as catalyst for helping you heal addiction or other issues that rule you from below that you’ve kept under wraps but need transmutation. Be willing to examine your habit patterns, deep involvements, and motivations, seeking solitude to allow your unconscious and subconscious self to bring clarity. Do this in equal measure with allowing the right people in to assist you (or to assist them with what needs healing in their world), and you’ll be poised to navigate the week with more grace and ease.
ARIES Key Dates for November 26 - December 2, 2017
- November 27: VENUS forms an inconjunct to URANUS Rx between your 8th House of Intimacy & Shared Resources and 1st House of Identity & Initiation
- November 28: MERCURY joins with SATURN in a conjunction at 27° Sagittarius, and a new annual cycle of dedicated study, mental work, and reorienting beliefs begins in your 9th House of Travel, Philosophy, & Higher Education
- November 30: MARS forms an inconjunct to CHIRON Rx between your 7th House of 1-1 Relationships and 12th House of Mysteries & Secrets
TAURUS Sun & Ascendant
For you, this kicks off a challenging but rewarding new beginning in your 8th House of Intimacy & Shared Resources. With Saturn having been in your 8th House for the last 2.5 years, you might have been feeling pinched in joint finances or experiencing other limitations in partnerships. This is one final push to use Saturn’s tough influence in this ultra-sensitive zone to your advantage before it exits in late December.
What’s coming up for resolution in the most intimate parts of your life? This might manifest as the need to have difficult but necessary conversations with a lover, whether the subject matter is money, the nitty-gritty of living together, emotional or other issues that get in the way of deeper sexual connection, or all of the above. It might also bring endings and new beginnings related to inheritances, investments, or business mergers. One way or another, this is a time of taking an honest look at these parts of life, and of getting real about how you can make changes to support your desires. Self-discipline, honest communication, and blending passion with healthy realism are your best allies.
Your ruling planet VENUS brings the potential for romantic encounters within the larger community (online included), along with the possibility for partnering up with those who share your interests, passions, and visions for making the world a better place. Some of these encounters might involve corporations or other institutions like universities, churches, or hospitals, and if so, major shake-ups that can help you reorient to hidden circumstances might manifest. Big changes may be afoot—changes that bring secrets to light and bring you to a point of important realizations about hidden agendas, or your own habits or self-destructive tendencies that require ongoing adjustment on your part. Be bold as you sort what comes up, and mighty forces will come to your aid.
TAURUS Key Dates for November 26 - December 2, 2017
- November 26–27: VENUS trines CHIRON Rx between your 7th House of 1-1 Relationships and 11th House of Community Organizations & Future Goals. This brings possibilities for romantic encounters in a larger circle of friends near and far, and of forming other beneficial alliances to further your future both personally and professionally. Meanwhile, Venus forms an inconjunct to URANUS Rx in your 12th House of Mysteries & Secrets, which might manifest as secrets coming to light in institutions or other shake-ups in relationships. Search yourself for answers, retreating into quiet spaces to gain clarity, partnering with others for personal growth and change as it feels right.
- November 28: MERCURY joins SATURN in a conjunction at 27° Sagittarius in your 8th House of Intimacy & Shared Resources, and a new annual cycle in disciplined mental work, communication projects, and reorienting beliefs begins.
GEMINI Sun & Ascendant
This new cycle is all about getting clear on what you want in relationships, of communicating that clarity to those already in your life and to the Universe when setting your intentions, and for pushing the boat off the shore in an epic move to let Source do the rest. But because MERCURY STATIONS RETROGRADE here on December 3, don’t be surprised when old themes in romance come around for a review period through early January. Partners or friends from the past might emerge, leading you to reflect on what you’ve learned and hone in on what you really want to experience in the one-on-one.
It’s time to set off on a big new adventure here (with some upcoming revisions, of course), whether it involves old or new romantic connections. What do you really want to experience in love? How about friendships? What can you learn from those with different cultural, spiritual/religious, or political backgrounds? It’s time to get serious about seeing life from a higher, broader perspective, and someone who can help you do it might be right around the corner.
Be direct, speak your truth and be willing to learn from what others share, and know that any challenges you face as this cycle unfolds will help you solidify just what “truth” means to you, and can inform the way you go about forming partnerships of all kinds.
Legal issues or proceedings might also come to the forefront during this period, especially as it pertains to romantic or business partners, but anything that falls under the umbrella of “Us vs. Them” applies as you learn to stand your ground while making the fairest bargains possible with lovers, frenemies, and so on.
GEMINI Key Dates for November 26 - December 2, 2017
- November 28: MERCURY forms a conjunction to SATURN at 27° Sagittarius in your 7th House of 1-1 Relationships, and a new yearly cycle in dedicated study, mental work, and reorienting beliefs begins.
CANCER Sun & Ascendant
For you, this no-nonsense new beginning kicks off in your 6th House of Routines, Wellness, & Vocation. Now is the time to get started on a journey that can help you navigate this terrain with more surety and confidence in the coming year, whether it’s through taking stock of your health habits, the flow of work at home or on the job, and of getting real about how you can use your talents to serve those around you most effectively. This cycle impels you to get real with yourself about orienting your daily practices in a way that supports you in creating a life structure that’s more conducive to the bigger picture of who you are and what you’re here to accomplish.
It’s a time for blending optimism and big visions for the future with taking practical steps toward achieving goals, whether that means digging deeper into current responsibilities or taking unnecessary burdens off your plate. Are you doing the nine-to-five because your job fulfills a higher calling, or is it a means to an end? This cycle is calling you to be real with yourself about your true passions and callings, which might mean setting clear boundary lines to protect your health and peace of mind, and to take greater steps toward your dreams.
This is also a beneficial cycle for implementing daily rituals that put you on the right track for success and whole-self wellness. The caveat? Be prepared to revise that which you put into motion (or to experience past themes coming back for review and possible reintegration) throughout most of December as Mercury goes retrograde.
CANCER Key Dates for November 26 - December 2, 2017
- November 26: The 1st quarter moon in Pisces brings emotional stress and potentially tearful releases as you’re called to move into new physical or metaphorical territory for expansion. You’re up for this challenge. Let your dreams and unconscious nudges guide you as the moon waxes in light.
- November 28: MERCURY meets with SATURN in a conjunction at 27° Sagittarius, kicking off a pivotal yearly cycle of dedicated study, mental work, and reorienting of beliefs in your 6th House of Routines, Wellness, & Vocation. Explore how you can merge your greatest visions with day-to-day work life and mundane responsibilities. Animal friends or spirit messengers might be especially important for you as this cycle goes on; also beneficial for long-range physical healing, setting boundaries at work, and honing your skills in a subject you’re especially passionate about.
LEO Sun & Ascendant
As this cycle kicks off in Sagittarius, it brings the need for self-honesty and reflection. How fulfilled are you with your love life? Do you need to set firmer boundaries with children, or to dedicate more time to bringing personal projects that are dear to your heart to life? This could also provide you with rough but empowering opportunities to get real about how spontaneous you are in making decisions in career, finances, or other matters where big risks and gambles of any kind are involved. How do you know when it’s right to toss your pennies into the well? And just how many coins do you hurl into its depths at a time?
This is a chance to learn how to blend logic with intuition as you move forward with bringing more of your dreams to life. What kind of risks are really worth it, especially when it comes to your heart’s desires, and which ones require more forethought? How about the need to embody greater patience with seeds that have already been planted, that need more time to germinate and follow their own timeline for abundant blossoming?
Though Mercury’s retrograde cycle will bring much revision work to this part of your life from December 3–22, now is the time to begin ruminating on how you can restructure your 5th House parts of life to align with your greatest desires and aspirations. Aim high, but be ready to go with the flow as the weeks unfold.
LEO Key Dates for November 26- December 2, 2017
- November 28: MERCURY joins with SATURN in a conjunction at 27° Sagittarius, bringing the beginning of a new annual cycle in your 5th House of Romance & Creativity. Themes center on mental work, self-discipline, and the refining and speaking of our personal truths (and learning key lessons in this part of life as the weeks unfold).
VIRGO Sun & Ascendant
For you, this brings powerful changes in your 4th House of Home & Private Life. It’s a time to get real about your closest relationships (biological family or otherwise), and about issues at home including general dynamics and the structure of your home itself.
Are you satisfied with interpersonal dynamics on the home front? Do you feel limited, yearning for greater freedom—freedom from too heavy of responsibilities, to express yourself more authentically, or even to explore your deepest dreams and wishes? This cycle will help you get real about what is and isn’t serving you, and to communicate how you’re feeling with those who need to hear it. This might mean setting boundaries with a parent or other family member, being honest with a spouse about changes that need to be made (décor, property, general family dynamics), and most assuredly carving more time out for yourself to play.
What’s become stagnant in these parts of life? Listen to your deep yearnings for exploration, travel, wide open spaces, and lively heart expression. It will be easier for you to speak your truths more clearly and confidently to the benefit of everyone involved. Reflect, then put a plan into action—just be willing to flow with change and adapt to unexpected changes and realizations throughout Mercury’s retrograde cycle.
VIRGO Key Dates for November 26 - December 2, 2017
LIBRA Sun & Ascendant
The 3rd House is quite the intellectual realm, which means that this cycle brings major opportunities for study that will require self-discipline, perseverance, and a willingness to explore new paradigms on your part. New lands are calling—literally or metaphorically—and you have the chance to edify yourself with a broader scope of information that can round out your world view. This bodes well for formal coursework in politics, law, religion/spirituality, philosophy, world history, and cultural studies especially, though any subjects that pique your curiosity and fill you with a sense of wonder apply.
This cycle might get you contemplating your current list of obligations and work load, drawing your attention to what’s serving you and what is not. Have you bitten off more than you can chew? Saturn’s brought big ambitions to this zone for the last 2.5 years, but that cycle is coming to an end in late December. Contemplate on your highest priorities in a holistic way, then see if releasing certain obligations might assist you in achieving more of your heart’s most desired goals.
It’s also the beginning of a powerful year for media productions in all its forms, boding especially well for teachers, writers, and the like. If you’ve been itching to start a blog or put pen to paper in some other way, this is the perfect time to get started. Pending legal issues might also come around for resolution during this time.
Since the 3rd House also rules sibling relations, be prepared to cover old ground that helps you communicate more clearly and confidently, standing in your truth and learning how to allow others to do the same (pro-tip: dogmatic stances are best avoided). See situations from a birds-eye view in the 3rd House parts of life, and this cycle is sure to bring big blessings after hard-fought journeys of the mind and spirit. Be willing to revise new plans and flow with changes as Mercury goes retrograde from December 3–22, and you’ll gain greater gems of insight and blessings as the weeks unfold.
LIBRA Key Dates for November 26 - December 2, 2017
- November 26–27: VENUS forms alignments that support breakthroughs in finances and career, along with physical health and upgrading daily routines to help you prioritize time for more of what you love and value most. Partnerships of any form might create shake-ups that lead to changes in financial status, bringing unforeseen windfalls of abundance or abrupt endings that clear the way for more independence. Trust what unfolds—it really is for your highest good.
- November 28: MERCURY forms its annual conjunction to SATURN at 27° Sagittarius, bringing new beginnings in your 3rd House of Neighborhood, Contracts, & Communication. Themes include dedicated study, mental work, and reorienting belief systems to match your truest essence and evolving perception of reality.
SCORPIO Sun & Ascendant
For you, this brings challenging but rewarding beginnings in your 2nd House of Finances & Property. This is the zone in your chart that encompasses learning new skills to solidify your knowledge base, strengthening your finances, and fortifying your self-concept by experiencing new successes. Though Mercury retrograde will bring unexpected developments and possible confusion here through December 22, now is the time to begin contemplating how you can fortify your best vision for the future when it comes to more satisfying ways of making money and building your dreams from the ground up.
Find what fills you with a sense of hope, promise, and new possibilities, and take it from there. This is a wonderful time for boosting your income through writing and other forms of communication and media production—start that blog, share that video, draft the fantasy novel (Sagittarius loves all things “far away” and fantasy-oriented, and Saturn and Mercury make a wonderful combination for putting pen to paper). Is it time to go back to school to learn something new that can pay dividends down the road? This cycle also supports the solidification of personal and professional mergers with foreigners, since Sagittarius is the sign of all things far away and inspiring.
Developments around personal property might manifest too, bringing the end of an era where some belongings are concerned and opening the space for new and meaningful items to take their place. What’s yours that you aren’t willing to part with, and what needs to be released for your benefit? Some might experience legal issues where property is concerned. Navigate as best you can, standing your ground yet seeing the bigger picture when it comes to ownership issues and what’s really of the utmost importance to you in the grand scheme of things.
This cycle also connects deeply to your inherent sense of self-love and worth. What changes can you make in your life to support you as you begin to embody more of your life’s deepest calling and purpose? Contemplate on these questions, and you’ll be poised to make the most of this powerful new beginning.
SCORPIO Key Dates for November 26 - December 2, 2017
- November 28: MERCURY joins with SATURN in an annual conjunction at 27° Sagittarius, bringing challenging yet rewarding new beginnings in your 2nd House of Finances & Property. General themes include dedicated study, mental work, and reorienting beliefs to new paradigms that serve you best.
- November 30: MARS brings tension that’s brewing from within the hidden corners of your mind and heart. With Mars still in Libra, relationship issues might be heavy on your mind—issues that you might not be sure of what to do about yet. This week’s alignments call you to seek action that can bring about healing and bridging the gap between you and what you desire most in romance and fuller self-expression. Do something brave, and mighty forces will come to your aid.
SAGITTARIUS Sun & Ascendant
In general, this conjunction brings the beginning of a year-long cycle in mental work, self-discipline through study, and tightening our skills when it comes to all forms of communication. But for you, the ramifications of this planetary meetup go far deeper than that.
With Saturn having been in your sign for the last 2.5 years, you’ve been presented with ongoing opportunities to refine your truths and sense of self through intense challenges, and perhaps a series of rites of passages that have brought you to where you are now. As Mercury joins with the strong, uncompromising teacher planet of the Zodiac, you’re presented with one last blast of “get real” moments and epiphanies, some that will require you to be brave and step out more openly than ever before. Think of this as the beginning of “the final exam,” if you will, where you get to round out what you’ve learned by a fireworks display of strength, courage, and bold vision for how you’re going to move forward with your future plans.
Truth is key here—truth in knowing yourself, truth in walking your path, and as the guiding light forward. What’s crumbling from your old sense of self is doing so because you’re ready to know yourself, to release the old stories that no longer apply to you. You start down the road of breaking off one last set of chains that are simply too heavy to carry, that keep you from forging ahead on new adventures and carving out a path in tandem with your truest soul callings.
Be ready for a period of deeper consideration on themes that are dominant in your life now, as MERCURY STATIONS RETROGRADE on December 3 and does its deep realignment and contemplation work through December 22. Come early January, you’ll have covered even more ground within your deep self that will help you integrate these new realizations more fully.
Don’t hold back your sparkle and shine for anyone. The way ahead becomes clearer—go forward knowing that as you set yourself free, you liberate others to do the same.
SAGITTARIUS Key Dates for November 26 - December 2, 2017
- November 26: MERCURY forms its annual conjunction to SATURN in your sign at 27°, bringing a major new beginning related to self-expression and walking your authentic path. Broader themes related to this new yearly cycle include self-discipline, mental work, and combining higher vision with determined efforts to see goals and challenges through.
CAPRICORN Sun & Ascendant
You’re well attuned to the intense energies of Saturn, but with Saturn in the nebulous and hidden realms of the 12th House for the last 2.5 years, things might have been a little difficult for you to navigate as unconscious material, or even unacknowledged or hidden habits like addictions or problematic behavior tendencies emerged at times into the light of day.
As Mercury joins with Saturn in this zone for the final time before Saturn moves into your sign in late December, think of this as a final round of inner work that can help you gain clarity and traction on these issues. Approach it as a final exam, if you will, one last push toward awareness and change that can change your life forever if you allow it.
This is also a time of searching deep within yourself to find your personal truths through religious or spiritual endeavors, particularly those that require you to explore a connection to something numinous and all-encompassing that gives greater meaning to life. The coming year might be a rich time of exploring spiritual paths, learning how to open your higher chakras to receive messages from Source, of getting clearer on the truths of life and the Universe that ring true for you.
On a more mundane level, this cycle brings the potential for new business involvements with large corporations, connections with hospitals, churches, universities, or other institutions, or even dealings with what we might consider to be secret societies. Be mindful of secrets kept that can harm, and trust your gut if you feel as though you’re not being told the whole truth.
With this year’s last MERCURY RETROGRADE happening from December 3–22, be prepared to revisit, revise, and reconsider what’s unfolding in the weeks ahead.
CAPRICORN Key Dates for November 26 - December 2, 2017
- November 26: MERCURY forms its annual conjunction to SATURN at 27° Sagittarius in your 12th House of Mysteries & Secrets. Broader themes related to this new yearly cycle include self-discipline, mental work, and combining higher vision with determined efforts to see goals and challenges through.
AQUARIUS Sun & Ascendant
You get a fresh start—a big one—where service organizations, leisure and study groups, and career advancement are concerned. If you feel especially called to fight for a cause in the coming days, that’s because these planets are crusading for truth and justice in high-minded but sometimes dogmatic and preachy Sagittarius. What passion for world change is bubbling up within you? Do you feel impelled to join with like-minded others in distance networking to achieve a noble goal? This conjunction brings the energy of confident communication, standing in your truth and speaking it with resolve, and merging the practical tasks of now with the vision and enthusiasm to see something major through to completion.
If a new career path is calling to you, or if you have opportunities for advancement that ring true to you, go for it. You’re headed for a plateau point in how you serve and what you have to teach and share from your own wisdom and experiences. Partnering with the right mentor or professional development organizations are well supported now too, and this ambitious and auspicious planetary pairing ensures that you’ll have all the support from the Universe to succeed.
VENUS has an uncomfortable encounter with URANUS, your ruling planet, where professional roles and daily tasks, contracts, and ambitions in teaching or learning are involved. Perhaps something that transpires at work gets you thinking about how you can revolutionize the errands-running part of your schedule, or how you need to adjust responsibilities to step into more of the person you were meant to become. You might feel called to ask for a change in job duties or salary—a shift that requires reorientation and potentially irritating concerted effort. Those irritations can help you make changes that support your financial well-being, allowing you to make more time for personal study or learning new skills or hobbies that can bring in more abundance down the road.
This is also a time for potential healing with siblings, for finding ways to make a greater impact in your community, or even make or break relationship ties in ways that change your public status. Roll with the changes, checking in to see what feels right and is most supportive of your deepest desires, and go from there.
AQUARIUS Key Dates for November 26 - December 2, 2017
- November 26-27: VENUS forms an uncomfortable inconjunct to URANUS between your 10th House of Career & Public Image and 3rd House of Neighborhood, Contracts, & Communication. the Goddess of Love, Money, and Relationships also trines CHIRON Rx in your 2nd House of Finances & Property, bringing beneficial changes to the most foundational, tangible parts of your life.
- November 28: MERCURY forms its annual conjunction to SATURN at 27° Sagittarius in your 11th House of Community Organizations & Future Goals. Broader themes related to this new yearly cycle include self-discipline, mental work, and combining higher vision with determined efforts to see goals and challenges through.
PISCES Sun & Ascendant
Sagittarius rules your 10th House, and as such, the Mercury-Saturn merger brings the potential for big visions coming to life. Saturn has been working this zone for you for the last 2.5 years, and this is a powerful last round of cosmic influences acting as “the final exam” of sorts before exiting in late December.
What do you feel calling to you from far away horizons when it comes to your outer persona—the one you’ve crafted to share with the world through professional building and personal choices that affect the way the world has come to know you? Who are you really, and what did you come here to achieve? Are you longing to break free from what’s kept you from blossoming even more in this part of life? This might be your chance to begin putting the lessons of Saturn’s time in your 10th House to good use to finally make a monumental shift manifest.
This is about living your truth—walking it, talking it, radiating it confidently and without apology. You’re ready for new beginnings that opened doors you could have only imagined until now. Make the business agreement; put yourself out there in a new, bold way; take on the leadership role. This might also be connected to personal changes such as entering into a new relationship, ending an old one, having a child, or anything that shifts how you’re known in the public sphere. It’s time to align more fully with your callings, unfettered by limitations of the past.
Travel, expansion, and healing journeys that bring you deep within yourself are highlighted as VENUS trines CHIRON Rx between your 9th House of Travel, Philosophy, & Higher Education and 12th House of Mysteries & Secrets on the 26th. Romantic encounters might be a part of the mix, as well as wanderlust desires and a yearning to find more profound truths about how you fit into the grand scheme of the cosmos. There is healing for you in retreat spaces, whether they’re the ones you’ve created for yourself or the walls of temples within which you find respite and experiencing a quieter mind. Flow with the power of something numinous and all-encompassing, asking for guidance and healing where you need it most.
PISCES Key Dates for November 26 - December 2, 2017
- November 26-27: VENUS trines CHIRON Rx between your 9th House of Travel, Philosophy, & Higher Education and 12th House of Mysteries & Secrets
- November 28: MERCURY forms its annual conjunction to SATURN at 27° Sagittarius in your 10th House of Career & Public Image. Broader themes related to this new yearly cycle include self-discipline, mental work, and combining higher vision with determined efforts to see goals and challenges through.
© Jen Howell, Bright Star Astrology & Healing Arts, 2017. Unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from the author/owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to this writer with appropriate and specific direction to the document containing the original content.